Thursday, January 3, 2013

THE KILLING DEPTHS by Martin Roy Hill_Review


Review of The Killing Depths by Martin Roy Hill
5 stars

This was an amazing novel for me because it impelled me to break “out of my genre box.” I don’t normally read the type of thrillers authored by say, Tom Clancy or Dale Brown, those adventures with military settings or intelligence agencies, very technological and action-packed. However, I truly enjoyed “The Killing Depths” and consider it a re-reader. The excellent way in which the author handled revelation of character; the continuing, actually escalating, murder mystery; the building tension between two old friends, former Academy classmates; coupled with the moment-by-moment terror of being encased in a submarine, in North Korean waters, tasked with destruction of a sub modified by the North Koreans and just sold to Iran-a nuclear sub-make this story a non-stop thrilling adventure. If you’re not a fan of this type of sub-genre, please give it a try anyway; you may just find you love it!

I received an e-book copy in return for my fair and impartial review.

No comments:

Post a Comment