Saturday, March 2, 2013

BEDBUGS by L. A. Taylor_Review


Review of Bedbugs by L. A. Taylor

“Bedbugs” is a graphically violent and explicit horror novel, one which will certainly leave me screaming if I ever see another insect again, of any type. Wildly imaginative, the premise is not just ordinary Earth bugs, but alien “bedbugs,” enterprising and violent insects transplanted to Earth from another world, seventy-three years earlier. Their spaceship crashed, burrowing deep into the Earth, and the ruling queen more or less went into hibernation, after one night of violence in the tiny English town of Lemonsville, near where the ship crashed. Now it is 2050, and time for the Queen to rise up; but first her minions must teleport into the town and bring back food—human food.

“Bedbugs” has a similar ambience to those so-scary “B” sci fi invasion movies of the 1950’s, and I found the premise very terrifying. I rated this story 18+ for both the graphic violence scenes and for profanity (and minor sensual content).
I reviewed a complimentary e-book copy provided in return for my fair and impartial review.

No comments:

Post a Comment