Monday, June 3, 2013

Dying Art By: Shirley Wells


By: Shirley Wells
Published By: Carina Press
Age Recommended:  Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Book Blog For: GMTA
Series A Dylan Scott Mystery #5
Review:

"Dying Art" by Shirley Wells is the fifth in a series: A Dylan Scott Mystery. I did enjoyed this fast moving read.  We find that a private investigator, named Dylan has been called to look at the circumstances of a young woman named Prue.  With the police deciding that this was just a burglar who would want to kill this girl?  Se was loved by all and made a living  selling  jewelry.  With some investigating done by Dylan of this complicated plot, "it became clear this this girl had a far more interesting private life and troubled family than anyone had assumed."  With that being said I will now say you must pick up this read "Dying Art" to get the rest because there will be more bodies to count in all the twist and turns of this read.  I liked the way this author had the characters...from the flawed police turned private detective, Dylan's hippy mother, but for the most part all were well developed and even colorful...even the vintage car.    You will be kept guessing until the end and I mean almost the last page.  I thought I know but how mistaken I was.

If you are looking for a good mystery read then I would recommend  Dylan Scott Mysteries and especially this one for its gives 'the personal side of Dylan and his family add depth and warmth - just enough to enjoy Dylan, but never too much to turn the mystery into a drama.'  Would I recommend this novel? YES!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment