Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wash By: Margaret Wrinkle


By:  Margaret Wrinkle
Published By Atlantic Monthly Press
Age Recommended:  Adult
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Book Blog For:  GMTA
Review:

"Wash"  by Margaret Wrinkle was a well written novel of 'personal stories of two people: Wash (slave) and  Richardson's (Wash's owner).'   Once I picked it up I wasn't able to put down  because it was one was  really very fascinating read about slavery from this point of view that kept me interested.  I found the characters very well developed and interesting. This was a interesting read that in the 1800's where the buying and selling of slaves in western territories were illegal and  this is where we find that Wash has been hired out by his owner to 'breed.'  I did find the 'breeding' practices somewhat very cruel.  With me be a Afro American some of this was very hard for me especially some of the violence in this novel.  However, this was well written and  if you are looking for a book with some history, life of slaves then you have come to the right place for "Wash"  will give it to you and yes I would recommend.






No comments:

Post a Comment