Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12-21 by Dustin Thomason_Review


Review of 12-21-12 by Dustin Thomason
5 stars

Compelling, gripping, riveting; this thriller takes us to the putative end of the world-and beyond. I had passed beyond believing that anyone could find an original idea to propel the Apocalypse, but I firmly believe that Dustin Thomas has. I won’t give the plot away; readers need to see for themselves. I can say that Author Thomason does an expert job of weaving in Mayan history (yes, of course the 2012 end-of-the-Long-Count prophecy is a firm factor) and does so in a way that is both enriching and intriguing. Good characterisations (the stage here is well-populated!), the speed of a good thriller, and of course, that coming-ever-closer date of Dec. 21, 2012 (only two days as I write this) keeps the characters, and the readers, heart-in-mouth, ready for denouement.

No comments:

Post a Comment