Saturday, December 15, 2012

GIRL OF NIGHTMARES (ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD #1) by Kendare Blake_Review


Review of Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
(Anna Dressed in Blood #2)

I enjoyed this book; I gave it 5 stars; but it just wasn’t “Anna Dressed in Blood,” not for me. Despite the fact that this plot line revolves around Cas’ intense determination to go to the Other Side (or possibly to Hell) and locate Anna, freeing her from the dread juggernaut-ish Obeahman; despite the tension between Cas and his two best cohorts Thomas and Carmel; despite the push me/pull you relationship between Thomas and Carmel; despite the very terrifying ghostly encounters which begin the book and cover the early first section; I just didn’t experience the terrible taut escalating never-letting-loose-of-the-throat grip tension of the first in the series, the beloved “Anna Dressed in Blood.”

Make no mistake, I still recommend Anna’s devotees buy and read this one; but for me, the superior book is “Anna Dressed in Blood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment