Thursday, March 28, 2013

THE CLEARING OF TRAVIS COBLE by Jonathan Janz_Review


Review of The Clearing of Travis Coble
5 stars

I learned of this book from the publisher’s group on Goodreads (Untreed Reads) and enjoyed the comments so much I determined to buy and read it. I certainly was not a bit disappointed; it was well worth the time reading it and I foresee I’ll be rereading it. For the shorter length, the author does a remarkable job of deepening several characters, kind of like holding a diamond up to the sunlight and turning it around and around looking at the various facets. Also the plotting here has the kick of a boomerang, when the thrower doesn’t think to get out of its way. I must point out that although the outcome (and the process to get there) is gently foreshadowed, never once is it telegraphed and I did not see it coming at all.

I can’t wait to read more from this accomplished author.

No comments:

Post a Comment