Saturday, April 6, 2013

WOUNDED PREY by Sean Lynch_Review


Review of Wounded Prey by Sean Lynch
5 stars

I reviewed a complimentary e-book copy provided in return for my fair and impartial review.

It’s not too uncommon to find a good novel, but it is more rare to come upon a novel as absorbing as this one, where reading it causes the external environment to drop away and time to pass without noting it. “Wounded Prey” is a very disturbing, graphic, violent, terrifying novel; but it is a novel that deserves a wide readership. Author Sean Lynch has the background in law enforcement to know the nature of his plotting; but even more importantly, he is an excellent writer. “Wounded Prey” so riveted me that I could not set it aside, but simply had to read on to find out the unfolding denouement. Psychologically and legally, the characters and plot are well-grounded, and unfortunately all too plausible. I do have to caution that this novel deals with violence, with sexual offenses against children and adults, and with horrible child abuse, and heavy substance abuse; so readers who are sensitive may wish to skip this one. I consider it not just worth the initial reading, but worthy of re-reading as well. I look for more from author Sean Lynch, as he has become a must-read author for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment