Monday, April 25, 2016

"Tumbled Graves" by Brenda Chapman


   Brenda Chapman is an admirable author that really knows how to weave a good mystery. I could barely put this book down! Kayla Stonechild has become one of my favorite heroines. I have yet to read any of the other 'Stonechild & Rouleau' mysteries but I certainly do intend to.

  One of the things I loved most about this book is how easily the author eluded to past histories of the characters without giving so much information as to make you feel as though you didn't need to read any of the other novels. In fact, this book made me want to seek out the rest of the series to find out more.

  I also, always love a mystery that keeps you guessing right on up to the very end and Brenda Chapman does just that and more. There are several instances where you are never quite sure of the truth behind things. By the time I got to the end I was shocked by the unexpected twist! 

  I also love how the everyday lives of her detectives are so cleanly interwoven into the main story and the fact that the endings are true to life and not your average fairytale type 'everyone wins' scenario. 

  Overall, I gave this book a firm 5 Ravens and hope to read more of Brenda Chapman's novels in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment