Sunday, December 23, 2012

SNOWBLIND by Michael McBride_Review


Review of Snowblind by Michael McBride
5 stars

Readers who enjoy Blake Crouch’s thrillers are going to love “Snowblind,” as I did. I don’t think there was a single moment of relaxation of tension in this story-it caught me by the throat from the first sentences and never let go, and that ending! In addition, author Michael McBride (who definitely knows his medical terminology and medical care!) proffers an Author’s Note which explains a whole lot more than I think I really wanted to know <smile> about some of the material in the story-and no, I won’t say more because  I refuse to spoil a really exciting storyline.

Up in the high Rockies of Colorado, a quartet of long-term friends embarks on their 14th annual Elk Hunt. Why do they do it? To reawaken, for a week, the boys they formerly were in college, when the world was before them and life was, if not carefree, at least hopeful. But this November, the Elk Hunt becomes something more-and other-and none of the four will remain as they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment