Monday, April 25, 2016

"My Father's Guitar and Other Imaginary Things" by Joseph Skibell


  Reading this memoir of various times in the author's life reminded me of watching a movie with flashbacks from the storytellers past. Masterfully written, flowing so easily I felt as though I were taking the journey myself. Joseph Skibell is the kind of writer meant to take you on an adventure and that is exactly what he does.

  Even readers that are usually not fans of memoirs will enjoy these various excerpts from the life of a man that clearly knows how to drag a reader in and make them feel as if they were there the entire time.

  I fully intend to pick up more of his novels in the near future. Joseph Skibell is a writer to watch! 5 Ravens for this wonderful and adventurous memoir.



No comments:

Post a Comment